Helping charity leaders serve their communities
Leaders and managers in the charity sector face their own particular challenges – but often there is little in the way of training, help or support, since scarce resources are channelled to the communities they serve.
Coaching is just as beneficial in the not-for-profit as it is in the commercial sector – helping charity leaders to be more effective, and in turn, to better foster the charities goals and aims.
I have structured Edlin Consulting so that I can dedicate 25% of my time working pro bono, working with charity leaders. This has been a huge privilege and is very rewarding. Here are a few of the charities I have been able to serve:
- Lizzie Cho, the founder and CEO of Nova Opportunities ( https://www.novanew.org.uk ) a charity that provides education, advice and support to the community in the Ladbrook Grove, North Kensington borough, London.
- George Crawley – the founder of Ace Projects, a charity that provides education and sport to children in Rio de Janiero (https://www.aceprojects.org/eng/our-vision).
- Lee Lawrence. – The Cherry Gros Foundation and author of the Costa Coffee Biography of the Year prize for his book, The Louder I May Sing, that charts the story of his mother, Cherry Gros and his families fight for justice.
- Two NHS managers during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Richard Turnbull the founder of BrightRide, a charity to provide old people with rides around Chichester on an electric trishaw (www.brightride.org.uk)
I also coach young people who are at the early stages of their careers and need help on their next steps.
My sessions with David have been hugely valued and much needed, sometimes all it takes is a qualified listener who understands and asks all the right questions to reinvigorate that initial burning desire I had when packing for Brazil three...
David’s positive and open manner create a quality of space that has significantly supported me to think through complex issues at challenging times. I would highly recommend David as a coach – working with him has been a truly...